Saturday 3 September 2011

Citrus & Spice

This morning I made some lemon and spice scented candles in teacups. I think I've established that I like teacups.







How to make these cuties:
1. Prepare your teacups first by tying one end of a piece of wick to a skewer, and gluing the other end to the bottom of the teacup to keep it secure. I bought the wax and wicks from Riot Art & Craft.
2. Melt the wax in a double boiler. Once it has melted add the hardener (which comes in the starter pack).
3. To scent my candles I used finely grated lemon rind, ground cinnamon, cloves, star anise, fennel seeds and cardamom. This makes it smell yummy like chai tea.


4. Pour the wax in to each prepared teacup and eat some cake while you wait for them to set.



5. Once they are set (a few hours just to be sure), snip the wicks to remove the skewers and they're done! Then eat some more cake to celebrate the completion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone welcome to comment

Lovely People