Thursday 20 December 2012

Framed Vintage Postcards

 I bought some vintage postcards from an antique store and I think they're cute enough for a frame. They look lovely in a cluster on the wall with a bit of crafty loving. I bought some cheap photo frames made from wood from a cheap shop, then painted them to look pretty. So first I sanded them back to remove the laquer already on them. Next I painted them white (just in acrylic paint, because that's just what I had at home). Once they were dry, I painted on another layer of white paint. Let them dry again, then sand them back roughly to give them a vintage/rustic look. Rub them back until the original wood peeks through. I pimped mine by adding doilies and ornaments to the frames, just using a craft glue. And here's the result:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone welcome to comment

Lovely People