Sunday 10 February 2013

DIY Recycled Jar Vases

These glass jar vases look pretty spesh, and they're super easy, super cheap and I think they look.. super good. I think the cool thing is that you can change them whenever you like, just by using different paper around them.






So to make them, clean the labels off the jars. I just soak them in hot soapy water, then clean anything remaining with a label remover substance from the supermarket. I used two layers of paper to create the decoration around the jars. First a layer of brown packing paper, then a strip of patterned scrapbooking paper. To make the strips straight, I folded the longest edge under. I used a tiny piece of sticky tape to attach the brown paper around the jar, as you won't see it anyway if you're doing another layer or paper. Then I attached the second layer (of patterned scrapbooking paper) with a few dots of pva glue. Add some twine, wrapped around a few times, then tie in a bow. You could also use recycled wrapping paper or fabric.

Ta daaah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone welcome to comment

Lovely People